Monday, March 3, 2008

The Wedding Ceremony...

Our lives? normal? even our wedding wasn't normal. Baby howled through the entire ceremony, yet the MC took it in stride.

Someone was supposed to demand that he pay for me and they forgot. People who had said they'd show didn't. One that did complained they were underdressed - I told them to look at our son. The Boy was wearing a button up shirt, two day old pants he refused to change, his grubby shoes and carried in the ring pillow. Preschooler was in white. Baby was in white and blue. Hitomi's son, was in white shirt and dress pants. One complained that if they knew they could have worn garb they would have! Someone else called what Mister was wearing "epic." He was in his court garb. I was in the Victorian white dress with veil.

Baby wasn't feeling well and she leaked through her diaper onto my dress 15 minutes before the ceremony. One of Mister's coworkers did some miracle work and got the stain off before it could do any damage. I had a borrowed veil and stole, my lucky sixpence safety pinned to my back and an old pearl necklace Mister gave me years ago. I also wore what was actually my engagement ring from him - a bracelet he bought me. I can't wear it for long because it catches on everything.

Preschooler and Hitomi's son walked out first arm in arm like the cutest couple possible. Then The Boy, carrying the rings on the ring pillow. I had done some impromptu knots to keep them in place. Then Hitomi, in red with her pink scarf went out. Then Snowy, a friend of mine for a decade, walked out. That's when I could hear the music - "Bed of Roses" by Jon Bovi.

I walked out. Somehow I managed to not stumble over my dress to the front. Baby spent the ceremony in one set of arms or another. We tried someone else, but she just howled louder. And louder. But our MC got through it all in stride. I even paused when I was asked if I would take Mister to be my husband. It was a breathless second for the audience! We exchanged rings, lifted the veil, signed the register, etc.

We kissed again, then the MC announced us to the world. "May I present Mr. and Missus!" Mister stood there in shock! His face was bright before that announcement, but it was as if a 100 watt bulb lit off in his face. He didn't think I'd take his name. The kids want to use mine, but we're going to let them choose. Legally, I'm going to add his to mine the same way the kids are, but I'm now Missus.

Pictures. They didn't turn out so great cause of the lighting and being both in pain and on anti-cold/flu drugs. I had enough in me I think I was high. Some pictures were good, but others weren't so great. There's one of the two of us looking at each other that is just beaming.

Mister and I sat down and had some food and drink. Then we had our dance - "Time in a bottle" by Jim Henson. D, M and G's son, asked Preschooler to dance. It was just adorable. I didn't mind that the kids, all the kids that wanted to dance, and were dancing with us. All I could see was just the two of us dancing together. It was the second song that I realized the kids were dancing with us. G was in tears from all the cuteness of the kids. The innocence was just too cute. The second song was "Unchained Melody." Then we got into some rock with "Life is a Highway."

The garter toss was interesting - Hitomi's brothers' didn't want to even look at it cause they were too young even though one of them had it come flying right at his face. The bouquet toss was... bad. Hitomi boasted that she had caught 3 of them and was sure she was going to catch this one. The one that did, asked to have it thrown again and the same one caught it again. So I threw it a third time and finally, Preschooler got it. She passed it on to the other little girl there who wasn't feeling so hot since she still has her flower girl bouquet.

I went upstairs after the cake was cut to give some of the flowers off the cake to the women of the legion. They were doing karaoke and requested a dance with the bride and groom, so I went to get Mister and we had a dance there as well.

The older kids went to Hitomi's mom's for the night. We took Baby home with us and she was asleep within minutes. It took us a while, but we finally figured out how to get me out of the dress without destroying it.

I'm still waiting for more pictures to come in.

wow... I'm married... I never thought that would happen...

No comments: