Wednesday, March 5, 2008

WT?

We have a joint account, and today I tried to get my new married named added to it so that could cash cheques in that name. The bank has t'ed me off for the last time. I was told that I would have to get my husband in and he would have to give his permission in order for me to add a name.

That made me furious. I had my certificate of marriage and all I wanted to do was use my married name on things! How hard is it to add in that combination of names?

Whatever. They refused to cash the dentist's cheque and I had had it. As soon as I find a new bank, I will walk away from them with glee. We had good credit when we opened the account and still they wouldn't give us an overdraft. I've paid enough in fees for the last few months because bills have come out the day before money was put in, or, they rewind the bank tapes and backdate bank activity that puts us into overdraft. We pay 5$/mo min for overdrafting, yet we aren't allowed to have one. It blows my mind! We pay $13 for userfees for the account before the $5 fee is even added on. Just makes me mad.

So, as soon as I get our montly, and biweekly deposits, moved to another bank, I will kill those accounts and if they refuse to close the joint account, I will walk across the street to the courthouse and small claims it. As his legal wife, and the person who deals with the finances, it is my decision as to which bank we use.

The stupid thing is that if it had been a male teller, I could have claimed sex descrimination. Instead, it was a woman. But still - how hard is it to add a woman's married name to a joint account?

E.xecutive E.mail C.arpet B.omb a la the Consumerist. It worked earlier for Ma bell. It might work for our bank.

And meet Rita, my new laptop.

I hope my contacts come in tomorrow. I don't want to be driving on the highway of hell wearing glasses when I go to pick Mister up.

No comments: